- Understanding of scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape,building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour, texture, harmony and contrast.
- Conceptualization and Visualization through structuring objects in memory.
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract.
- Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes.
- Generating plan, elevation and 3D views of objects.
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms.
- Perspective drawing,
- Sketching of urban scape and landscape,
- Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
|NATA 2020 EXAM – NEW PATTERN : 3 hrs 15 mins, 200 mks|
|Part A: Drawing: 135 mins (10am - 12.15pm)|
|Drawing: 125 mks - 3 Qs (35, 35, 55 mks)|
|- 15-min break -|
|Part B: Scientific Ability & General Aptitude: 45 mins (12.30pm - 1.15pm)|
|PCM: 22.5 mks - 15 Qs (1.5 mks each)|
|General Aptitude & Logical Reasoning: 52.5 mks - 35 Qs (1.5 mks each)|
Physics: 5 Qs x 1.5 mks each = 7.5 mks
- Electrostatics- Electric charges and Fields; Electrostatic Potential and Clearance
- Current Electricity; Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism; Moving Charges and magnetism; Magnetism and Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating currents- Electromagnetic Induction; Alternating Current
- Optics- Ray optics and optical instruments, Wave Optics
- Dual nature of radiation and Matter
- Atoms and Nuclei- Atoms, Nuclei
- Electronic devices- Semiconductor Electronics, Materials, Devices and Simple circuits
Chemistry: 5 Qs x 1.5 mks each = 7.5 mks
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry; Structure of Atom; Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular; States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Chemical Thermodynamics; Equilibrium; Redox Reactions; Hydrogen; s- Block Elements p -Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry: Some basic Principles and Techniques; Hydrocarbons; Environmental Chemistry
Math Test: 5 Qs x 1.5 mks each = 7.5 mks
- Algebra Logarithms Matrices Trigonometry Coordinate geometry 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry
- Theory of Calculus Application of Calculus Permutation and combination Statistics and Probability
General Aptitude Test: 35 Qs x 1.5 mks each = 52.5 mks
- Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment.
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions
- Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing.
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal),
- General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations.
- Mathematical reasoning: Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by.
- Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction and contrapositive.
- Sets and Relations: Idea of sets, subsets, power set, complement, union, intersection and difference of sets, Venn diagram,
- De Morgan’s Laws, Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation — definition and elementary examples.